PDA

View Full Version : Spinecor Brace

bonniestolle
06-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I would like to recommend the spinecor brace because it is sooo good. You can't see it under clothes, it's comfortable (well, as comfortable as a brace can be :p) and it's not as hot or sticky as a rigid brace. It works just as well and even better than a rigid brace.
You guys should talk to your parents because you are seriously wasting your time with rigid braces.
Good luck!

Bamaro
06-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I could not find a doctor locally who would recommend a Spinecor. I agree that it should be much more comfortable to wear but the local Docs didn't like what they had read about its effacy. Spinecor & Triac looked like good alternatives (to me) to rigid TLSOs but the Docs thought otherwise.

bonniestolle
06-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Actually, my doctor did not bring up the Spinecor brace after my diagnosis. My mom found it when she was researching online. Visit
http://www.nonsurgicalscoliosistreatment.com/_SpineCorp/
for clinical trials and information about the brace.

Celia
06-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Bonnie,

What kind of correction are you getting with the brace ? Do you encounter any problems with the straps ? How often do you get them changed ? Sorry for all the questions... I'm also looking into the SpineCor brace :D

Celia

bonniestolle
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Celia,

The only problems I have with the straps is that they tend to unsnap easily. I fixed this by tightening the snaps with some needlenose pliers. I usually wash the straps once a week in the washing machine with some Woolite, and they never need to be replaced.
I visit Montreal every four months for a checkup with the doctor who created the brace, but there are physicians who distribute them in the US now. You usually wear the brace 20 hours a day and can have it off in about two years depending on your curvature.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions
:)

Celia
06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Bonnie...

Thanks for replying. What kind of correction are you getting with the SpineCor brace. ? Are you from Canada ? Oh, another thing....how much does the brace cost ? I've read reports that it costs something like $5,000.00.

Celia

bonniestolle
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
The brace costs $3,000 and I'm American. I live in Chicago so it's not too far from Canada.
What type of correction? Ooo- at the moment I'm not sure of the medical term. I will go back to the diagnosis papers and check, but I have an S curve that requires 4 straps.
Hold on a second, I'll get back to you with the correction...

gerbo
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
so, how big is your curve now?

gerbo