stapling -Anyone have information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stapling -Anyone have information?

My 13 1/2 year old daughter has been a brace for over 3 years. She wears it over 20 hours a day. In the last 6 months her curve has progressed 5 degrees to 37 degrees. We are going to Phila. to see about stapling. Has anyone had this procedure? If so, what did it involve? How long was child in hospital? How are the doing now? Thanks in advance.

Take a look at this previous discussion thread about vertebral body stapling:

http://scoliosis.org/forum/showthrea...=body+stapling

Comment

Stapling experience

My 9 year old daughter had the stapling surgery done in Chicago this past April. She had her surgery on a Wednesday and was in intensive care until Saturday morning...then home the next day. She was back at school four days later and by the first week of June was back playing club soccer. Her curve was 30 degrees, and at her post surgery check-up had decreased to 20 degrees. I believe this decrease is simply the result of how she was positioned during the operation. She is scheduled for monitoring every six months.

So far the pain and effort was worthwhile compared to the alternative of wearing a Milwaukee type brace 23 hours per day.

If you would have specific questions you would like to address let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X