Scoliosis study in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis study in Australia

Do you have scoliosis? Do you know somebody with scoliosis?

(Open to Australian residents only)

My name is Megan Tones and I am a researcher affiliated with Queensland University of Technology. I am currently conducting a research project on health related quality of life (HRQL) in adults with scoliosis. Quality of life and other psychological issues are underrepresented in the scoliosis literature.
    The aim of my study is to investigate and compare HRQL in women and men with scoliosis (controlling for age and self reported severity of scoliosis). As this study is a continuation of my (unpublished) thesis, I am particularly interested in collecting the responses of males to conduct a statistically sound gender comparison.
    If you choose to participate, I will post you two short surveys (HRQL and scoliosis specific) which may be returned in a reply paid envelope (no cost to you). The surveys will take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
    This study is intended for publication in a scientific journal, so your contribution would be extremely valuable to me. I would also be grateful if you pass on this message to anybody else you know who may be interested. If you wish to participate, please email me with a mailing address at m.tones@qut.edu.au so that I can send the surveys to you.
    Kind regards,
    Megan Tones

Hi Megan...

You probably already know this, but it's likely that the responders generated from forums such as this are likely to report poorer QOL scores than the overall scoliosis population, as the majority of people who participate in forums such as this are in pain. Those that don't have pain are far less likely to seek out help on the internet.

Best of luck with your study.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you for your interest

Dear all,

I'd just like to thank you all for your interest and assistance with my study. Data collection has now closed and the results have been compiled into a research article for SPINE. If you would like any details regarding the results or my research area (psychosocial and quality of life), please let me know.

Kind regards,

Megan Tones

Comment

Working...
      X