muscle pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle pain

Hello all. I am coming on here in hopes for some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to the pain associated with the muscles in the back trying to pull the spine back into its proper alignment. I have a 46/48 degree curve in my upper back and a compensatiory curve in my lower back. I've been on the following medications for the pain: tylenol, motrin, ibuprofin, ultram, celebrex, celebrex and ultram together, vioxx, morphine, tylenol3, valium, percocet, naproxyn.

I had gone to my doctor today for my annual physical. I had told her that the tylenol3 that I was on wasn't helping at all. I was still in a great deal of pain. I had asked her if she could give me something for the muscle pain that I am having. To make a long story short, when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my meds I was given yet more tylenol3!!!!!!! What am I supposed to do with this stuff!

so, anyone have any insight as to what medication is good for muscle spasms that will help alleviate the pain.

Thanks for your time spent reading this thread.

~Shelley
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Hi Shelley...

I'd like to encourage you to actually stay off of pain medication until your surgery. That way, your post-op pain medication might be considerably more effective. It sounds like while you're not comfortable, you're surviving without good pain control now anyway.

In the meantime, you might want to try limiting activity to see if that reduces your pain. Also, you might try acupuncture or getting massages to see if that helps.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X