Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has or does anyone have stomach problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has or does anyone have stomach problems?

I am new to the forum and have been diagnoised with marked levoscoliosis. I do not know the degree as of yet. Have appointment with a Dr. Wayne Bruffett in Little Rock, AR on June 22. Have lost 3 1/2 inches in height over last 3 years and I can forget getting clothes to fit. Something that I haven't seen is the dicussion of stomach problems. I have said for a long time now that there just doesn't seem to be any room for my stomach. I have gotten to the place that I can eat very little at a time. They have found that I have gastritis throughout my whole stomach. Have lots of problems with nausea. Not sure whether my problems are from scoliosis or pain medicine.
    Murjo

Hi Murjo...

I don't think I've ever seen anything reported in the literature about lack of room for the stomach in patients with severe scoliosis. Stomach problems are VERY common, so it would be next to impossible to know if there was any correlation.

Good luck with your appointment in a few weeks.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X