View Full Version : question :)

06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
hello all. I've just received the paperwork from my doctor on what I've to accomplish before I go into surgery for my 'backeotomy' :) (spinal fusion)

can anyone here tell me what 'instrumented autologous arthnodesis' is???? I know what the posterior decompression is. I just have no clue what the other one is. (I just wish these people would speak english)

another thing. My doctor hasn't told me if he will be using bone from my hip for the fusion and I don't want donor bone, does anyone have any idea on where this bone will come from?? or could he may have just forgotten.

Thanks abunch!


Karen Ocker
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Instrumented means "hardware";autologous arthrodesis means using your own bone for the fusion. In my case most of the bone came from my ribs during the thoracoplasty(aka hump reduction); others have it taken from the hip.

06-06-2005, 06:46 AM
thanks alot. :) I appreciate the help.