Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for Bi-PAP machine

Dear all,
    My wife is using a Bi-PAP machine every night for about 4 hours to drive out carbon dioxide.For some time she complains that the air she gets from the machine is quite hot and makes her perspired/uncomfortable.
    Could anyone inform who can help resolve the machine getting hot problem /how to clean the in side blower without damage economically?
    Thanks.
    jitu shah

Does she use a humidifier with the Bi-pap machine? My son does and it seems to cool off the air a bit... when we just have the air blow over the water rather than heated. We heat it when he needs more extra moisture when he is sick.

The back of our machine has air filters we have to clean/change out regularly... have you checked those to see if they are clean or need changing? the only other suggestion I have is to get the machine serviced.

Heidi
    Heidi (mom to 3 boys, Sean is 9 and has LCDH, SBS, is TPN, O2, and Bipap dependent, has SVC stenosis/stent x4, severe malignant scoliosis fused twice from T1-L2, halo traction for 2 months, severe restrictive lung disease, a CVL and GT, Fundo x2, and is one of my heroes.)

Comment

Working...
    X