Have a date for Megans surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a date for Megans surgery

Hello all...It has been a few months since I've posted, I do apologize...Meg went back for her 6 mo check in May and her curve had gotten worse and is now 55, so we are going to do the spinal fusion. We meet, with the surgeon on Wed to iron out all the questions and stuff, but the nurse called today, saying the schedule is filling up and we have Meg down for July 19th....Now that we have a date I am really nervous and going thru a whole new gammit of emotions...If any of you have any advise for me to ask the surgeon or any questions? I have pages of questions but you have been there.....I would really like to know of anyone whose child had this who is non mobile/non verbal...My Meggie has CP, is non mobile, non verbal... Just curious.....Thanks in advance.....I am just ready to get this over with. I am literally sick over this.....I know God is driving the bus and I need to sit back and let him steer, but sometimes that darn old human nature kicks in and that is hard to do....
    Thanks
    Tracy
    Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Hi Tracy!

My little guy (Alex) had his surgery Mar. 28. I think I've communicated with you before? Alex has Down syndrome. We are still on the mend, but doing so very well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Lura

Comment

Thanks Lura...How did it go for your little guy?
      Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Comment

Hi Tracy
        My daughter also has CP but we're still waiting for a date. Have you read Risa's posts - her daughter Marisa has CP and had surgery a couple of weeks ago. Thinking of you.
        Lorrie

Comment

Hi Tracy,

Alex is doing great, thank you for asking! He had a scab on the base of his incision for the past 2 months, and I think it is finally gone! It was pretty grose! Any way, no complaints here. You will really enjoy being on this side of surgery!

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Lura

Comment

Thanks Lura. Glad to hear Alex is doing well. We met with the surgeon today, and we will do surgery on July 19th. He will fuse whole spine and use the Union Rod. Getting really that sick feeling now that it is "scheduled and really going to happen". I have complete faith in our surgeon and know that it will work out and that God is driving the bus, but I am scared to death. My stomach is in knots. We meet with the surgeon again a week before her surgery. He is going to do botox in her arms when she is sedated for the spinal surgery. Hoping and praying that Megan doesn't have bad constipation issues after surgery, the surgeon said that is one of the things he sees most often that can effect her recovery. Thanks and I am so glad to have found this place.

Comment

Tracy,

Prepare to have that stomach ache until after surgery. I was a raving lunatic by surgery day, but as soon as our little ones come out of recovery, "mom mode" kicks in and you are busy taking care of them. Know we are here for you and that we have been right where you are now!

Lura

Comment

Hello Magan's Mom,
                I will keep you in my prayers and you are right God is in complete control, he is what got me trough it all. I would love to answer any questions you have. Marisa has CP, Corital visual impairment, non verbal, non mobile, so you see our girl's are alot alike, also she 11yrs old and a great blessing also. marisa's surgery went well it was May 18th 6 hours long. The Dr's were great. Marisa had her whole spine fused with a union rod and 4 screws at the base. She's doing great shes sitting up going for walks in her chair with me, playing with toys.She has recoverd great. The hardest thing for us was we could not explain what was going to happen to her and she was going to wake up hurting and confused. I stayed at the hospital the whole time with her 6 days. Her incision looks good and is healed. I to was worried but Marisa's curve was at 72 degrees in 6 months time it went from 30 degress to 72, so for her qualitily of life it was the best desision also I had a great peace about it and so did my church family. I'm sure you to feel the same it's just the mom in you worring. Love and prayers Risa
                Risa the mother of a 11 year old girl. She has CP, Coritcal visual impairment, non verbal, non mobile, total spinal fusion with 4 screws at the base. God's blessing

Comment

Risa,
                  Thanks, it is so encouraging to hear how well Marisa is doing now. Meg will have the whole spinal fusion also, with the Union Rod and it will be anchored to her pelvis also. If you don't mind I have lots of questions and will post later today or tonite. I have to go right now. I will send a post out later for you to kind of fill me in, beings our girls are so similar. Thanks and Love and Hugs to your mommy heart and huge hugs to MArisa...
                  Tracy

Comment

Working...
                  X