almost 2 months post op bad cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost 2 months post op bad cold

Well It Happened My Nicole Caught A Bad Cold. Took Her To The Doctor Today He Put Her On Antihistamines For The Cough She Has. Her Back Is Still Sore Sometimes. This Cough And Runny Nose Is Not Helping. She Is So Wiped Out So Shes In Bed Resting. She Started School Part Time On Wed. And Did Well With Going Back. Only Two Weeks Left Here And Then Finals. I Was Going To Keep Her Home But She Wanted To Go Back Which I Know Is A Good Thing. I Just Knew She Was Going To Get Sick Her School Has About 650 Students. She Is Also Still Being Home Schooled. So She Wasn't Missing Much Accept Her Friends.
    Theresa
    THERESA

Theresa,

I'm sorry to hear that Nicole isn't feeling well. Look at the bright side, it could have happened right before surgery! I know, that's wasn't nice to say, but I always try to find something postive in every situation. Remember, her immune system is still weak from surgery and she is more prone to things. Try to get her to rest as much as possible. Keep the healthy food and maybe some extra orange juice going. Remember to be careful as to what you give her as far as over the counter stuff-nothing with aspirin. Just a curious question for you, did her doctor tell you to give her vitamin C after her surgery? Jamie had surgery in December, prime time cold/flu season, and her doctor told me to give her vitamin C as well as her iron pills. One of my biggest worries was the fact of her getting sick before surgery and having to cancel it, because like your daughter's school, Jamie's Middle School is rather large with aobut 600 kids.

Mary Lou

Comment

HI MARYLOU
      O I REMEMBER THE STRESS BEFORE THE SURGERY AND TRYING TO KEEP HER WELL. BUT MY NICOLE HAD A BAD SINUS INFECTION 2 WEEKS BEFORE HER SURGERY. I REMEMBER HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT THE SURGERY BEING CANCELED. HER PEDS DOCTOR SUGGESTED THAT I GIVE HER A DAILY MULTI VITAMIN. HER SURGEON DIDN'T TELL ME TO GIVE VITAMIN C OR IRON. HE JUST WANTED HER TO EAT WELL TO GAIN BACK SOME WEIGHT NICOLE LOST ABOUT 7 POUNDS AND SHES VERY SKINNY SHE WEIGHTS 76 POUNDS NOW AND BEFORE SURGERY SHE WAS 81 SO SHE HAS NOT GAIN BACK ALL HER WEIGHT AS OF YET. SHE STILL HAS PAIN FROM THE SURGERY SHE COMPLAINS THAT HER RIBS SHOULDER AND THE TOP OF HER INCSION ARE STILL SORE. WELL I WILL GET HER BETTER AND HOPEFULLY SHE WILL STAY HEALTHY THROUGH-OUT THE SUMMER MONTHS. THEN ALL I HAVE TO DEAL WITH IS KEEPING HER FROM HURTING HERSELF. I CAUGHT HER TRYING TO JUMP OVER THE FENCE IN MY BACKYARD THE OTHER DAY. THANK GOD I WAS WATCHING HER. I WANTED TO KILL HER . I HAD TO HELP HER DOWN AND COULDN'T BELIEVE SHE DID THIS. SHE WAS WITH HER TWO GIRLFRIENDS AND THE DOGS BALL THEY WERE PLAYING WITH WENT OVER THE FENCE. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I LET HER GO OUTSIDE WITH HER FRIENDS. THEY WERE STAYING INSIDE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AND WATCHING MOVIES.
      WELL HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND JAMIE
      THERESA
      THERESA

Comment

Hi there!

I wouldn't have started a new thread had I read through the newly posted ones!! Sometimes I worry about my absentmindedness! Now I know how Nicole is!! You all sound on the mend! Alex, too, had a viral infection which ended up being respiratory and I cringed everytime he coughed ( it had to hurt bad)! We got through it though, these little ones are amazingly tough!

Well, we are heading to the mountains for the afternoon so I'll wish you all a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

Lura

Comment

Working...
        X