Twisted ribcage post-surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted ribcage post-surgery

I wonder if anyone else has my problem? Since surgery (two stages in Jan/Feb) my torso is severely twisted in front. I'm still in a lot of pain, worst at the base of my spine and n my left hip, which makes it virtually impossible to find a comfortable position in bed. It's reassuring to read here that the healing process continues for six months or more, but surely this twisted torso will cause as much pain as my twisted spine used to? Diana.

Hi Diana...

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who thought they were more twisted after surgery. You should ask your surgeon for a specific explanation. If you're not satisfied this the explanation, I'd urge you to get another opinion.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

twisted ribcage

Yes, Linda, I'm sure this isn't right. I asked in advance about the possibility of my chest ending uo uneven and was told that any imbalance would be 'very minimal'. Unfortunately the surgeon who did my op went off on a year's sabbatical the following week so I never saw him again! I saw a replacement consultant at my first check-up nine days ago, but he wasn't involved in the op and just said the prominence of the ribcage was because the surgery was 3D (which I obviously knew) and the pain would go. By the way, you seem a fantastic moderator - thanks for getting back at once a second time. Diana.

Comment

Working...
      X