Uh-oh.. Advice Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-oh.. Advice Please?

Hi everyone. Im new here. Well I am having scoliosis surgery next week on Tuesday for my 2 60 degree curves and Im not nearly as nervous as I was before. Well, I had my pre-op yesterday and we talked to all the doctors and anesthesiologists and got all the bloodwork finished. They told me to make sure I stayed healthy until the suregry which meant no bug-bites, sunburns etc. & i have to take off all my nail polish. Ok well its a senior tradition at my school to paint 06 on the bleachers & last night I went and paint was flying everwhere and me and my friends got home covered head to toe in latex paint. I took me an hour just to wash it all off. Anyway, my mom says that was a HUGE mistake and will mess with the surgery... I was just wondering if anyone agrees with her or if I should be worried that this might come between my surgery or affect me negatively in the future????...

ps: it was non-toxic paint...

Hi,

I think the paint incident was okay. The surgeon will be the only one to know for sure, tho. Teenagers need to be able to be teenagers (within the legal limits of the law ). I hope you be able to have a nice weekend and enjoy life. Try to be a little more careful, but don't worry too much. They do like you to be as healthy as possible. Do your best. You will do great. My Braydon's birthday is next Tuesday, so I'll be thinking of you as you have surgery. It's not easy, but you will do great. Have someone post an update when you can.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi
      You should be fine, but you also should have been more carful, then again enjoy the time you have left before your surgery but tell your surgon about the incedent and let him be the finale judge
      Erika
      Posterior spinal fusion 2001
      52* before first surgery
      23* after first surgery

Rod removal surgery DEC 2005
      33* before surgery
      30* after surgery

Comment

Working...
      X