The Pogo Stick-Again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pogo Stick-Again!!

Deb has just over a week until surgery. Since she got picked up on curfew violation - I told you she was getting into trouble - she is grounded.

Anyway - She is bouncing on her old pogo stick hours at a time for the last 3 days. She is literally bouncing off the walls!!

I relented and let her go to the graduation ceremony at her H.S., but no parties!! Well she came home and got that pogo stick out again...
    _____
    Mary
    Mom of Deb, Surgery Sched. 6/6/05

Mary,

It sounds like you are going to have your hands full trying to keep her down after surgery. You may have to resort to tying her to a chair! With her getting in trouble, is that her way of dealing with the stress and fears of her upcoming surgery or is it her trying to squeeze as much as possible into the next week or so since she will be pretty much restricted for most of the summer?

Hang in there! "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!"

Mary Lou

Comment

Mary,
      Hang in there. Let her burn off her energy with the pogo stick. It beats fighting with her about different things. Maybe a good activity would be to sort through family pictures and organize them for a scrap book. It might give her something to think about, other than surgery. Things will be okay. She may be just acting out because she is scared, especially if this isn't normal behavior for her.

'til later,
      Nikki

Comment

i agree with the reasoning that she is trying to pack her whole summer into 2 weeks. Most kids would sleep in during the summer, but she was out hiking at 7am. She is normally a very good kid. I've agreed to lighten up and let her have some of her privilages back, but she must be home on time!

I thought about doing a scrap book project together during recovery, I think it might be a good idea to start early!
        _____
        Mary
        Mom of Deb, Surgery Sched. 6/6/05

Comment

Working...
        X