Surgery Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Soon

Well I am 2 1/2 weeks away from my surgery. I have a mixture of anxiety and relief the wait is over. There is still so much to do. I hope to be able to return to work in 2 months. I am having fusion from T3 to L1 and having 1 or 2 disk fixed in the lower back hopefully no fusion there. This forum has helped and talking to you Linda was very helpful. I find myself tired from the tension of the months of anticipation. Did anyone else feel this. It is hard to concentrate at work. I am also trying to get all my clients transferred, reports done, deadlines met and prepare my home. I even had a crazy dream about being left on the gurney in a dark hallway of the hospital. Any words of wisdom as the count down continues. The surgery is June 13th.
    Thanks,
    Christine

Any words of wisdom as the count down continues.
    Yes, drugs! What you're feeling is very normal. I had increasing anxiety for the last month before surgery and finally had to ask the surgeon to prescribe a sleeping through to at least get me through the nights.

Best of luck with your surgery. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Christine,

I would say you are reacting just as you should be. Any surgery is somewhat scary and you wouldn't be human if you weren't a little nervous/scared. Remember, if you ask your doctor for sleeping pills or anything else, be sure to remember that you should not be taking anything with aspirin in it from about two weeks before surgery.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 13th.

Mary Lou

Comment

chrisfrie

Thank you very much for the support I will keep you posted.
        Christine

Comment

Working...
        X