Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had experience with Dr. Stuart Weinstein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had experience with Dr. Stuart Weinstein?

Just wondering if any of you all have had any help throught the University of Iowa, and Dr Stewart Weinstein? My nerves are a little on edge, aftercoming from the wonderful ortho sur. in Denver, To a hospital full of unknown "Miracle makers!"
    Thanks Lisa (Zach's mom)

Dr. Weinstein

How was your experience with Dr. Weinstein. He did one of my surgeries in the 90’s but my back has gotten past the 105 degree point with a rod and fusion (Fusion done by Dr. Weinstein and rod done by Shriners in MN 1986). You said you were from Denver how were the Docs in that area? I was looking for a second opinion for someone who was willing to try something else, … anything (no more shrink – mind-over-matter/ muscle building crap) I am positive my only option left is to opt for another surgery for my back since the pain has gotten past the unbearable point and is getting too painful, even with the pain meds, Methadone and Oxycodone.
    Kevin Oelrich
    Male, 24
    This is a picture of my Back I have already had 2 surgeries, But as you can see it has still progressed to over 100 degrees.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/...72af64.jpg?v=0

Comment

I've no experience with Weinstein but if you search for scoliosis on the net his name comes up regularly as he has been associated with a number of influential studies such as curve progression if untreated, a 50 yr follow up. I suspect that he is one of the most eminent doctors that are dealing at present with scoliosis. I think your probably very fortunate that you are seeing such a respected surgeon.

Comment

Severe Scoliosis (100+ degrees) Please HELP!!! what do you do 4 ur PAIN?

I am not saying Dr. Weinstein isn't GOOD... He is VERY Smart, and he is a very nice person. If you go and see him at the UIHC, in Iowa City, I am sure he is going to do A+ work. He helped me years ago. But at this point I hoped he would of been able to try something.. else, But he did not think there was anything HE could do during surgery that would help me. I am 24 yrs old, I already have had a bolt, and a fusion surgeries in the past. I have severe Scoliosis 100+ degrees. I was fitted with a TLSO Brace and it was WAYYYY TOO Painful to use. (anytime!!!!!) I was sent to the pain clinic last year. Since then the Pain Clinic was helping me deal with the pain, but NOW even with HEAT 24/7 (Microwave-Heat Belt) that I wear around my midsection ALL day! My meds are not doing much anymore, and when it is COLD outside I can barely get up to reheat my belt even while I lay in my heated bed. I know during some treatments you cannot use applied heat, (since heat doesn't help like it used too) I am willing to do anything because I am unable to get back to a point where I am actually happy to be up-and-about, because I am not in pain 24/7. Plus each time you go down on the ICE, it feels like adding 50 lbs of weight to my back (I only weigh 85lbs) and with each further step I feel like crying, and when you live alone if you go somewhere you need enough energy/stamina to get back home before its too much to take. So obviously I don't go very many places for this very reason. I am at MY WITS ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! WHAT kind of treatments have you used that HELPED. Please only SEVERE Scoliosis 100+ degrees.

Thank You very much,
        Kevin Oelrich
        Kevin Oelrich
        Male, 24
        This is a picture of my Back I have already had 2 surgeries, But as you can see it has still progressed to over 100 degrees.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/...72af64.jpg?v=0

Comment

Kevin - my heart goes out to you with what you are going through! No one should suffer the way you are. If what you are saying is accurate, your doctors are not serving you well. I believe you need to search out a second opinion from one of the MOST pre-eminent surgeons in revision surgery. Some names were given you on another post, and I'm sure other forum members from that area will weigh in with names of the best.
          Good luck to you. There is a better way ....
          FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
          10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
          8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
          5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
          2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
          3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Working...
          X