Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marisa's doing fine

Hello everybody,
    Marisa's surgery went well. Were on our fifth day things are looking better. Marisa's eating, off morphine, off all machines,
    got to go will post later tonite. Love Risa
    Risa the mother of a 11 year old girl. She has CP, Coritcal visual impairment, non verbal, non mobile, total spinal fusion with 4 screws at the base. God's blessing

Risa,

So glad to hear from you!!! I am very glad that Marisa is doing better.

Susanna
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Hello again,
      Marisa is doing well. The first three days were the hardest, because marisa can not talk. The first day right after surgery she was kicking her legs and thrashing around and because she could not give herslf morphine we were in charge of the pump,about every 10 to 15 mins. we had to hit the pump plus every six hours valum was given. The first three days were the worst I kept on thinking of all the stories I've read on this site,and how things just kick in and a complete change takes place, and guess what they did I was so happy on day four when she woke up looking better. One night in ICU then we were moved to a room. Marisa has an upset stomach from the valum and muscle relaxers so they had to give her morphine Tomarrows going to be a great day and we might get to go home if she can keep food down. What evers best for her. Let me tell you guys the third day I was woundering what did I do to her and knowing that our church and all of you were praying is what pulled me through. Marisa's quality of life is going to be so much better. You guys are the best. I Love This Site. Talk to you later.
      P.S.I did not know they had a computer or I would of posted sooner. Love Risa
      Risa the mother of a 11 year old girl. She has CP, Coritcal visual impairment, non verbal, non mobile, total spinal fusion with 4 screws at the base. God's blessing

Comment

Things Will Start Getting Better Each Day. It's Amazing How Fast The Days Go By Nicole Is Almost 2 Months Post-op. Hope All Is Well Sounds Like She Is Doing Great. Keep Us Posted
        In My Prayers
        Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

Risa,
          It is good to hear things have progressed for the better. I thought day three was the worst and things rapidly got better after that. It will amaze you how soon Marisa will be doing better. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Lots of love and prayers for you guys.
          'til later,
          Nikki

Comment

Hi Risa

So glad to hear things went well. It's really hard when your child can't tell you what's wrong. the first feww days must have been dreadful - it's so good to hear you made it out the other side of that.

Hugs and prayers

Lorrie

Comment

Great news. Glad to hear Marisa is doing well. Continued best wishes for a smooth and uneventful recovery.
              Carmell
              mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Go Marissa!!! Kris

Comment

Working...
                X