Has anyone heard from Risa or Kim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard from Risa or Kim?

Has anyone heard anything from Risa or Kim - both their daughters were having surgery this week?

Lorrie

Hi it's Kim, my daughter is going in tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of us.

Comment

Hi Kim
      Sorry - I must have got muddled. i thought it was last Tuesday your daughter was going in. Wishing you all the best .

Lorrie

Comment

surgery is OVER...recovery begins!

Hi, It is Kim--
        Well, the surgery for my daughter went awesome! She was SO strong. The acutal surgery was 3.5 hours (doc told us 4-6). She did not need a transfusion, after surgery when the nurse came in to log roll her she cringed a little, she was very restless the first night- she wanted to get up so bad and hated the things they put on your legs for circulation.

Yesterday, the day after surgery she INSISTED on getting up and walking, which she did 3 times! The PT, nurses and Drs. were amazed. Today is day 3, hoping to loose the cath, and other annoying things and possibly get a little food. Her pain is moderate; sleeping very little. The only time when she cried is when she realized for the first time that her ribs were even! She is estatic. She seems pretty straight and the dr said her rib hump was significantly reduced. She is also about 1.5-2 inches taller.

I was so nervous, but like others have said, when the dr. comes out to say it went well, the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. Yes, it is hard to see your child in pain, but the motherly instincts kick in and the coddling begins.

I want to thank everyone on this site for their thoughts and prayers and support, joining this group was one of the best things i have done.

KIM

Comment

Hi Kim
          So pleased to here all went well.

Hugs & prayers

Lorrie

Comment

Kim,

Congratulations on the good outcome! This side of the surgery is good! Praying all continues to go great for your daughter.

Lura

Comment

Working...
            X