Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi All!

Well, at the beginning of the school year I received a letter from my son's school stating that he needed to be seen by a Dr for a Scoliosis check.

I took him in October/2004 and he had a 10 degree curve, I took him again this month and it is now at 14 degrees. He is 13 (14 in September) and in the midst of puberty, voice changing, etc. He has shot up heighth wise in the last 6 months and is 5' 6" now.

I'm waiting for a referral from his Dr. to see an Orthopedic Dr. I am just wondering what will happen next, aside from the obvious him seeing an Orthopedic Doctor, with him still growing, etc.

Thank You

Hi...

Your son has a very good probably of never needing any treatment. You can see a chart on his risk here:

http://www.vh.org/pediatric/provider...abilities.html

The orthopaedist will probably want to continue watching your son, and will hopefully have him come in every 3-6 mos. until he's skeletally mature.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi.

Your son will probably need to go back about every 6months or so. I am 19 and been treated for scoliosis since i was 2 months old, and when I was 13 I was also 5' 6 and told that I may not grow much further but I am now 6'1 and I have been told that I have a couple of inches left to grow. After he is 14/15 he may not need to go back until every 12 months, where checks can be made.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X