Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow, with Dr. Hey

Hi all,

I am sick with anxiety. My son (almost 18) is going for kyphosis surgery tomorrow with Dr. Hey. He doesn't seem to be upset but I sure am! Am so worried about how he'll be feeling afterwards. And what he'll be able to do a week from now.

Heart pounding,

Good Luck tomorrow Cedronella. Take a deep breath and try to relax. My daughter has her surgery on Monday so I know where you are coming from. Look at what your son has already been through. He's strong and he'll do great. My prayers are with you tomorrow.
    Linda

Comment

These Kids Are So Strong And Bounce Back Fast. My Daughter Had Surgery On March 30 And Is Doing Great. I Know How You Feel My Nicole Was Also Not Upset Or Worried.
      In My Prayers
      Theresa
      THERESA

Comment

Hey there. I feel your pain and anxiety. My 17 year old son is scheduled for spinal fusion surgery on June 22 and its starting to keep me up at night. I can't imagine how I will be the night before. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Carol

Comment

Dr. Hey

Hi Cedronella,

I will be praying for your son and for you. Dr. Hey will also be praying. Dr. Hey did my surgery in Feb 2003 for Scoliosis at age 42. I know first hand your anxiety, but Dr. Hey is an excellent spine surgeon and I know of many teenagers that he has performed this type of surgery on. Teenagers in my opinion are "bullet proof"! They recover so much faster than I recovered and are able to do things it took me weeks and in some cases months to do. Another great attribute about Dr. Hey is that he gives the Lord all the credit for his talented abilities. Please let me know if you would like to email me personally.

Kindest Regards,
          Gail

Comment

My son just got home today. He had a medullo brain tumor, chemo and radiation like your son. I think we are on some of the same lists. I was nervous too. He was just a little...look at what they've already been through.

His surgery was 4/29, he's doing pretty good. Legs are weak and he's working to get the strength back. Muscles on his side need to be re-trained, he still wants to lean like he did before. He was in the hospital for 6 days, PT there felt he wasn't strong enough to go home, he spent a week in a rehab hospital, they helped a lot. He's happy to be home!

Hang in there mom. All these kids are troopers.

Comment

Working...
            X