View Full Version : Reducing the hump?

05-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm tired of this hump on my back, is there any way to reduce its size or hide it without having to wear baggy clothes?

05-07-2005, 05:27 PM
You've already had surgery, right? what were your curves before and after surgery? Did the hump get a little better after surgery?

05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi Christmas...

There's a procedure called a thoracoplasty. Here's some information on the procedure:



05-07-2005, 06:47 PM
That link doesnt work....atleast on my computer!

05-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Bizarre. Try this:


If that doesn't work, go to http://www.iscoliosis.com, and type THORACOPLASTY in the search box in the upper right-hand corner.


05-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Sounds smashing, thanks.

06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Well, If you've already had your surgery then you should've asked your surgeons to reduce the hump on your back. Try standing up straight or just wear your clothes like you usually would. I had this huge hump on my shoulder blade and people didn't even notice.

If you haven't or are planning to have surgery, you could ask your surgeon to perform the reducing of the hump. They have a special way of moving that I think I'm not sure how but I know they can. However, it hurts more and there's a few risks to it.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

06-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I am going to the doc on Friday and that is one of the main questions I want to ask him. I was disappointed after my surgery it wasn't gone, and now it bothers me when I sit in hard backed chairs. I'll keep you posted on what the doc says.