Using the waiting time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the waiting time

I joined the YMCA yesterday with a family membership. This Y has a climbing wall, and my daughter loves to climb them. She is not thrilled to attend the Y, though, as she says "all the with-it kids go there, and I don't want them to see me there". But, since she said the same things about the swimming pool we have been using for years, I decided to ignore this statement and join for the activities available. When I visited yesterday at a fairly active time of the day, noone was using the climbing wall. I figure she can at least use it between now and her surgery, and maybe the therapy they offer is a good possibility after surgery. Either way, I need to use the Y myself, and my boys are old enough now to use the weight machines, etc. So, I am excited to get trained to hold the rope while she climbs and hopefully take her down there after school and all of June, until surgery. Normally, it costs a fortune to pay for the climbing wall facilities that are about an hour drive from here, so just for hopefully endless use of the climbing wall, I feel it should be worth it. After all, it will be a year before she can climb again, so I will use this opportunity now! Kris

Kris,
    I think that is a wonderful idea. I wish we had a Y here. All we have is a gym, which is very expensive. We also have a public pool, that we will start utilizing when Crystal can start swimming. Have fun and the therapy will help your daughter deal with the stress of surgery.

Nikki

Comment

Working...
    X