Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed out Moms

To All:
    Here is my best suggestion for some stress relief. Fill a tub with hot water and your favorite bubble bath, your favorite beverage, and a good book. Lock the bathroom door, get in the tub and just relax for a while and have some quiet time. It doesn't make things go away, but it does help get you to relax, which is hard when you are stressed.

'til later,
    Nikki

Great idea Nikki!

May I suggest adding headphones so you can block out all of the noise as well?

Mary Lou

Comment

And maybe a hot friend to scrub your back?

Lorrie

Comment

Lorrie,
        I wanted to add that, but didn't want to offend anyone. My husband is the only one allowed in when I am taking a long soak. Thanks for adding it.

Nikki

Comment

Hey girls!

Isn't it terrible to have to always remain politically correct?!

I am at a point where the bath would need to last days! The recreational therapist at Shriners this weekend told us she was heading to Maui on Sunday afternoon, I asked if she would stay with Alex and let me go in her place.... can you believe she wouldn't go for it????(LOL)

On top of Alex's recovery, this month I am selling my daycare, opening a new business, renting my house and moving in with Scott (my fella of 5 1/2 years), and finding a way to remain some amount of sanity. Actually, life is good, particularly since Alex is doing so well. I must not forget the most important day of the month, Alex's 13th birthday!! I'm not sure how this is possible, as I am only 23! (LOL)

Well, girls, continue to find ways to relax, we all deserve it - being a mom is like the peace corp, THE TOUGHEST JOB YOU'LL EVER LOVE!! I hope I put that right!

Lura

Comment

Hey Girls
            How About A Day At The Spa Doesn't That Sound Good.

Lura
            Happy Birthday To Alex
            Nicole Turns 13 This Month Too
            Theresa
            THERESA

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALEX & NICOLE. Sounds like party time to me. Thirteen years old. I bet you can't believe it. I know it's hard for me to believe I have one graduating from high school in two years. She can't be old enough for that yet.

Maui, Day Spa, walk on the beach (any old beach would do), any of that. Just no kids fighting or complaining. No significant others complaining either (how's that for politically correct). They just need to want to go along with it and enjoy themselves too. At this point even a ride down the road on my favorite horse would be nice. I am spending more time with my horses right now as that is my source of relaxation. Craig came and watched me work one of my colts Sunday. He was amazed at what it did for my sanity. I came back to the house and really enjoyed my family at that point. For enjoyment this weekend (Mothers Day) I chose to brand calves Saturday and AI heifers Sunday. Doesn't sound to relaxing, but it really is, with a great potluck barbeque afterwards Saturday night.

So, I guess anything to get out of the house and do something different for a while helps us with stress.

Have a nice evening ladies. I love you all and really appreciate having you here to help out in situations we don't know what to do with.

God Bless You All.

'til later,
              Nikki

Comment

Nikki is branding her animals this weekend, but what does everyone else have planned for their Mother's Day weekend?

I started celebrating a little bit early. I took my Mom (and a close friend) out for lunch yesterday as it was the day that suited all of us. I already told my family I WILL NOT be cooking this weekend. I will be doing whatever I want, whenever I want! See, Sunday is not only Mother's Day, but it is also my birthday and I've claimed the whole weekend for me. The best part is, my husband is on vacation all next week, so I get him all to myself while the kids are in school. Since Sunday will be crazy in the restaurant's we will be going out to dinner some night next week. Think I can stretch out Mother's Day a little longer? lol.

Mary Lou

Comment

Hi Folks
                  What a lot of birthdays this month: happy birthday Alex and Nicole and Mary Lou!!
                  It's not Mother's Day over here in the UK - we have Mothering Sunday on the third Sunday in Lent - months ago - so no time off for this Mum this weekend unless I go and hide in the bath!! Hope you all have a nice relaxing time though.

Lorrie

Comment

Mary Lou,
                    Happy Birthday to you too! Hope you have a good one.

Lorrie,
                    It is neat to learn what different areas of the world do and when. So, you have already had your Mothering (Mothers) Day. Is there anything special you did or do for that holiday? I think you should go hide in the bath anyway this weekend sometime. Remember, the special beverage, a good book, and someone to scrub your back.

What is everyone else doing?

'til later,
                    Nikki

Comment

Happy Birthday Mary Lou and Nicole!!! Being a teen ager will mean more to Nicole than Alex, but Alex's mom feels OLD!!! Alex's birthday is the 28th and I am curious when Nicole's is as they have had several things in common (surgery within 2 days, both the same age, and their birthday's the same month)!

Nikki, thanks for sharing about your moving decision, I won't whine about being so overwhelmed now!! I only have one kid and a dog to move, and it's just across town!

Lorrie, I think you should tell your family that it is Mother's Day over here and celebrate it with us, then next year we can borrow your holiday as well! We moms deserve more than one day!!!

Take care Girls!

Lura

Comment

I agree with Lura, Lorrie needs to celebrate our Mothers Day with us and we celebrate hers with her.

Lura, I think moving, no matter what, is a pain. I don't mind the moving part, it's just the packing. And, then we have the animals and we don't like them to be where we aren't with them the first few nights. So, we end up moving stuff/animals way into the night so the animals aren't left alone. It's worse than moving the kids. Then to top it off, I just bought two new breeding ewes for my girls. So, two more animals to the pile to move. I won't be making a decision on the job for a little while. I am not just going to jump into this job. I want the whole family to feel good about it.

God Bless You All.

'til later,
                        Nikki

Comment

Hi Folks
                          I think Mothering Sunday over here is celebrated pretty much the same way as over there. It grew out of the tradition of girls in service being allowed to go home to their 'Mother Church' on that day - not originally to do with mothers at all but it kind of turned into that over the years. But that's why it falls during Lent - it was a religious celebration to start with.
                          Theoretically, I should have got breakfast in bed and been spoiled rotten but it didn't work quite that way as my husband had run away skiing for the weekend and left me with just the girls and the cat. Genevieve obviously can't do getting my breakfast and her sister sleeps until you wake her - even with the alarm set - so I actually had a busier day than usual even.
                          I definitely like the idea of having this Sunday off in lieu and I'm going to break it to them tomorrow that Mum is going on strike on Sunday!!
                          Particularly as I got left to it on Valentines day this year to while he went skiing.
                          Good luck with the moves Lura and Nikki. Big step moving in with the fella, Lura - wish you lots of happiness.
                          Lorrie

Comment

Nikki
                            Hi Just Wanted To Know How Crystal Doing Wearing Her Brace. My Nicole Is Not Happy. She Needs To Wear It 23 Hrs. We Are Working On Getting Her Up To That Many Hrs She Had It On For Six Hrs Today. But She Had Some Body Sores One Close To Her Incision. Which Is Still Sore And She Wont Let Me Touch Her Back Around The Incision. Did Crystal Have Any Problems With That.

Lura
                            Nicole Birthday Is The 21th And I Feel Old Too Can't Believe She Going To Be 13

Happy Mothers Day
                            To Everyone
                            Have A Wonderful Weekend Everyone
                            Theresa
                            THERESA

Comment

Theresa,
                              Crystal's brace is her new best friend. I think once Nicole realizes how much support she will get from it, she'll relax and wear it. Crystal is allowed to have hers off at home now, but she still wears it all the time. She takes it off to shower and that is about it.

I was touching Crystal's incision the other day. I asked her if it hurt when I touched it. She said it didn't as long as I don't push on it hard. It is really interesting to feel her incision and back bone now. I can feel her rods on each side. Didn't Nicole have kind of a tramatic experience in the hospital with pain. I think she has gone through so much, she may just be terrified of having severe pain again. Crystal has had such an incredibly wonderful experience, that it really upsets her when someone pats her too hard and it hurts bad enough to cry.

You may want to go to Wal-Mart or something and look for moleskin to put where the brace rubs her and makes her sore. Also, baby powder may work, but only use it if her incision is completely healed. You don't want to cause another problem with that. I've also read to use alcohol on those areas because it will toughen the skin. It takes a while to get them up to full wearing time. This will improve as Nicole continues to feel better. Everything they have done to her has been painful and she is probably tired of it. And, it doesn't help being 12/13 and not really sure what to expect. I think I am thanful Crystal was 16, she really understood how bad things were going to hurt, so she had mentally prepared herself.

I hope this helps you out. If you need anything let us know.

God Bless You.

'til later,
                              Nikki

Comment

Working...
                              X