Possible Body in Rejection of Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Body in Rejection of Rods

Hi everyone. How have all of you been (Mary Lou, Jennifer, Nikki, KayKay, Roxie)? I'm sorry that I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been sick. About 4 weeks ago, I started to have shortness of breath, so I went to see my primary, and he told me that I have heart arrhythmias, or irregular, skipping heartbeats. So then we had to find out why is making these palpitations. So he took me off all of my meds (Effexor XR for pain), so see if it would stop them. Well, it didn't. So he did an echocardiogram, and that came back normal. Then, he put me on beta blockers, which are for high blood pressure, but they also are known to stop arrhythmias. Then, one day, my school nurse found 2 lumps on my lymph nodes. Well, when she found that, she became worried, because that is a sign of rejection. I also have had increased pain. I am 7 months post op. So I have to go to Shriners on Tuesday to do some bloodwork and to make sure that my body isn't in rejection. I sure hope not! Well, take care and I will keep you posted! Ross
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Hang in there Matt!!! We'll be praying for you. Susanna
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

hi matt
      sorry to hear what is going on now. Let us know when you find out for sure if that is what the problem is.
      Jennifer

Comment

Hey Ross,

I've been wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about your current situation. Hang in there and keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday.

Mary Lou

Comment

Ross, please let us know what you find out after your appointment. We are concerned for you!

Comment

Went To Shriners

Hey guys! Thank you for replying. Its nice to know how many people are so supportive. Well, I found out before going to Shriners that the only way of finding out if something in my body is in rejection is by doing blood work and seeing if the antigens counts are low. Well, we got to Shriners and we were sent to x-ray, and sat in x-ray forever, and then the tech came out and said that the doc ordered a frontal image, but we usually do a side image, and she didn't know if there was some sort of mess up in the system. Well, she told us that she was going to let us see the doc first, and then if he wanted to do x-rays, to just come back. So, thats what we did. We went to the waiting room, and sat there for the longest time. Then, they called us back, and without doing any blood work or x-rays, the nurse practitioner told us that it wasn't the rods and that we should go home. We were shocked. She told us that the only sign of rejection that they use, is if there is any drainage coming from the back. Well, by that time, my mom was frustrated and said, "We drove 5 hours both ways, for you to tell us something that you could have told us on the phone! This is so ridiculous!!" I was proud of her! So, now we have to go do more test, to see what is wrong with me. Take care everyone! Love ya all! Ross
            Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
            www.myspace.com/ross40728
            Had surgery on 9/20/04
            81* Scheuermann's Disease
            40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
            U Rod Inserted
            Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Working...
            X