Stiffness Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiffness Question

I'm 12 weeks post-op as of today (YAY!!) and still feeling quite a bit of stiffness in my lower back and next to my shoulderblade where the thorocotomy was done. I don't really feel stiffness anywhere else. I expect (and hop) this will go away eventually but am curious as to when.

If anyone in their late 20's to early 30's who has had similar fusion could help to answer this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Heidi...

I was stiff after my surgery, and I hear it from others frequently. If you're average, it will go away before too long. Hopefully, someone who has had surgery in the past year or so can remember how long it lasts.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Heidi, I am now a year post op and I still have some stiffness from the anterior incision. It is getting much better though. About 3 months ago wearing a bra was still hard to do but that's fine now.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Thanks Linda and Theresa! You know, I actually don't mind wearing a bra now, because I still can't feel it!!!! I'm still pretty numb from the front of my right ribcage all the way around to the left side of my spine. For once in my life...I don't get annoyed by wearing a bra

Comment

Heide, I couldn't wear an underwire bra because the side band went right over the incision and where the wire started was also over the incision. I wore the sports bras all summer.
          Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
          Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
          Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
          Fused T2 to sacrum
          June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
          MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
          X