PDA

View Full Version : Stiffness Question

HGD24
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm 12 weeks post-op as of today (YAY!!) and still feeling quite a bit of stiffness in my lower back and next to my shoulderblade where the thorocotomy was done. I don't really feel stiffness anywhere else. I expect (and hop) this will go away eventually but am curious as to when.

If anyone in their late 20's to early 30's who has had similar fusion could help to answer this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

LindaRacine
04-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi Heidi...

I was stiff after my surgery, and I hear it from others frequently. If you're average, it will go away before too long. Hopefully, someone who has had surgery in the past year or so can remember how long it lasts.

Regards,
Linda

Theresa
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Heidi, I am now a year post op and I still have some stiffness from the anterior incision. It is getting much better though. About 3 months ago wearing a bra was still hard to do but that's fine now.

HGD24
04-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks Linda and Theresa! You know, I actually don't mind wearing a bra now, because I still can't feel it!!!! I'm still pretty numb from the front of my right ribcage all the way around to the left side of my spine. For once in my life...I don't get annoyed by wearing a bra :D

Theresa
04-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Heide, I couldn't wear an underwire bra because the side band went right over the incision and where the wire started was also over the incision. I wore the sports bras all summer.