Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 months post-op

Hello!
    I am just past 9 months post-op and I'm doing wonderful. I hardly have any restrictions left, and I'm really starting to feel completely normal again. However I do have some questions. I am fused from just bellow my neck about 4 vertabrae down, and then I have 2 open and then I'm fused from there to about 4 from the bottom. I had both anterior and posterior surgery. Recently I have been having to take many stadardized tests (AP's, SAT's,etc.) and the top of my back has hurt from having to be leaning over for so long and my back not able to bend. I was wondering if any one else has had this similar problem, and if they found a solution. Also, I am finally getting my feeling back in my side and my upper back. I was wondering about how long its taken any one to get complete feeling back. My side seems to be hurting more now that the feeling is coming back where they removed my rib. I don't know if this is going to last forever or if its going to go away. If any one could help that would be awesome.
    Thanks
    Annie

Hi Annie...

I know exactly what you're talking about in terms of the upper back pain. I found that anything that had me in a head down position caused a burning pain in my upper back. I don't really remember how long it lasted, but I'm guessing that it was about a year, so hopefully yours will resolve soon as well.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

My daughter had surgery 7 weeks ago. We were asking her PT about numbness, and she said that feeling will return very gradually. She said most feeling returns by the one year mark, but it will continue at a much slower pace for up to two years. Whatever hasn't returned after two years will most likely never return.
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
      X