Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyphosis in almost-18 boy. Dr Lloyd Hey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyphosis in almost-18 boy. Dr Lloyd Hey?

Hi,

New member here. My son has 80+ degrees of kyphosis (from spine radiation treatment of brain tumor). We have just been speaking with Dr. Lloyd Hey who says he does a one-day 4-hour surgery (titanium rod hooked and screwed into the vertebrae), 3 days in the hospital and pretty soon he's feeling good again. Has anybody had surgery with Dr. Hey? Any opinions? He's in kind of a hurry as he says this operation is only advisable with kyphosis under 90 degrees and that my son's is progressing fairly rapidly (ie is already more than in his xrays of 4 months ago). Thanks for any help.

Hi! I am sure you will get some replies, but you can also use the "search" feature (top of screen a little to the left) to see if anybody has mentioned Dr. Hey in their posts.
    Good luck! Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

Dr. Lloyd Hey excellent spine surgeon

Hi Cedronella,

Dr. Hey did my Scoliosis surgery in Feb 2003...I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Dr. Hey is a wonderful spine surgeon and I have seen patients he has operated on before and after surgery both for Scoliosis and Kyphosis. He is remarkable.

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

Hi, I have seen several posts from people who have had surgery with Dr. Hey and everyone has had wonderful things to say about him.
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~
        Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
        X