Just had surgery March 21, 2005!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had surgery March 21, 2005!

Hey all you fellow scoliosis sufferers! I just had my surgery on March 21, 2005, at Rush Presbyterian in Chicago. The doctor does scoliosis surgeries exclusively; his name is Christopher DeWald. I highly recommend him.

My pre-op curves were about 44 and 37, and I had extreme pain before the surgery. He inserted 2 titanium rods and 16 screws. It was a posterior fusion of T3-L3. I am soooo happy I finally did it!

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Or, check out my blog, which is loosely related to the topic of scoliosis and my surgery. http://scolioticnerve.blogspot.com/ There are also pictures of my scar and brace. The scar is absolutely wicked! I am so proud of it!

Don't be afraid! The surgery is now safer than ever. Don't wait till you are an old goat like me to take the plunge. I wasted many, many years of my youth being in pain.

Kat

Hi Kat...

Glad to hear your surgery was a success. I have a couple of questions for you...

Is your pain totally gone? Which area did you have most pain, and was it from muscle/disk etc?

Finally, how old are you?

Thanks very much!!
    Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

Awesome! you are 33 years old, right?
      And, what are your post operative curves?

Comment

Working...
      X