Back to Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Work!

Well, Tuesday marked the 11 week mark for me and today I went back to work!!! I'm only working 4 hours a day for the next couple of weeks and working my way up to a full-time schedule, but it just feels so good to be back to work and a somewhat normal routine. I napped for about 2.5 hours today when I got home though as it was quite tiring after being home alone and not doing much of anything for 3 months!

Just had to share the good news though!!!

Heidi, Congratulations on going back to work! I know I felt like that was never going to happen. At the time it seemed like it took forever but looking back it really was fast. Take it easy and good luck!
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Heidi that's fabulous! I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying for your continued recovery. You go girl! ~Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

Yay!

Congratulations! What kind of work do you do? I'm curious as I have 9 weeks of sick time saved up right now....
        Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
        Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
        fusion T5-L3
        Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

I'm an administrative assistant. I was ready to go back at the 9-10 week mark, but due to my infection and follow-up surgery, that didn't happen. Also, I was in the hospital after my original surgery for 10 days due to lung and blood oxygen level issues instead of the usual 4-5 that my doctor thought I would be in for. That increased my recovery a bit because I was unable to get out of bed for the first 5 days of my hospital stay. Normally, I would have been getting up the day after surgery.

Comment

Working...
          X