PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work!

HGD24
04-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, Tuesday marked the 11 week mark for me and today I went back to work!!! I'm only working 4 hours a day for the next couple of weeks and working my way up to a full-time schedule, but it just feels so good to be back to work and a somewhat normal routine. I napped for about 2.5 hours today when I got home though as it was quite tiring after being home alone and not doing much of anything for 3 months!

Just had to share the good news though!!! :D

Theresa
04-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Heidi, Congratulations on going back to work! I know I felt like that was never going to happen. At the time it seemed like it took forever but looking back it really was fast. Take it easy and good luck!

lrmb
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Heidi that's fabulous! I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying for your continued recovery. You go girl! :) :) ~Laura

cowprintrabbit
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Congratulations! What kind of work do you do? I'm curious as I have 9 weeks of sick time saved up right now....

HGD24
04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm an administrative assistant. I was ready to go back at the 9-10 week mark, but due to my infection and follow-up surgery, that didn't happen. Also, I was in the hospital after my original surgery for 10 days due to lung and blood oxygen level issues instead of the usual 4-5 that my doctor thought I would be in for. That increased my recovery a bit because I was unable to get out of bed for the first 5 days of my hospital stay. Normally, I would have been getting up the day after surgery.