back from surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from surgery

i had surgery on monday the 11th and went home that friday. i am feeling ok now except my voice seems messed up and i dont sleep well. anyways just thought i'd let y'all know i am doing good. but i havent found out my new degrees yet

Faris, Welcome home! It is wonderful that you are feeling up to typing on the computer. Sorry you're not sleeping. Try the sofa, or see if your parents will spring for a memory foam mattress topper. The softer the better right now. Also, you might need to take a pain pill half way through the night. You can also try a couple of Benedryl to help you sleep. They are safe to take wih narcotic pain reliever. Your voice could be messed up from the breathing tube they put down your throat during surgery. I hope you continue to do really well, and are able to start getting some sleep.
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Hi Faris
      Good to hear you're home and doing OK. hope the sleeping improves.
      Best wishes
      Lorrie

Comment

Hi Faris

My daughter had surgery three weeks ago shes 12 and has trouble sleeping. Sometimes up late at night too. I gave her a benedryl last night and she fell asleep for 7 hrs only she woke up in a lot of pain. It will get better as each day goes by.
        Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

Working...
        X