scoliosis surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoliosis surgery

My daughter is facing a surgery fo the scoliosis, she is 14 years old and we just find out that only option is operation,
    Her curve is 60*, is any one who had similar situation to let us help with that, we don't know much about it and any information would be greatfully appreciate.

Andrew, if you could tell where you live, we can help more. My daughter is 14 and has a curve of 68 degrees now. I click on "new posts" or "today's posts", something like that, and find info you're looking for in surgery that people communicate things like you will find helpful in those areas. Kris

Comment

scoliosis surgery

I live in Canada, Ontario,

Comment

Andrew, you may find others in Canada in the surgery site. I notice recent emails concerning surgery in Canada. You could do a search on "Canada" and possibly get ideas, names of surgeons, etc. for those who can share experiences about Canada. I also read Scoliosis books, which helped me understand the basics and ask the right questions of the surgeons. I understand better about the specifics of the surgeries from books and the placement of rods, etc. Good luck. Kris

Comment

Hi Andrew, Welcome to the board, you have come to the right place to read about others' experiences! You might look in particular at threads over the past six months/year posted by Mary Lou, jc3, nikyergen and some others, whose teenage daughters all recently went through the surgery (and came out as great survivors!). If your daughter is interested there is also a young people's website called spinekids.com which is great and has an international flavour (British and Canadian as well as US). I found Dave Wolpert's book on Scoliosis Surgery very useful. You can get if from this Foundation, I think it just went into a new edition. Take care ~Laura
          30y/o
          Upper curve around 55
          Lower curve around 35

Comment

Working...
          X