Update, daughter w/ 35% lumbar curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update, daughter w/ 35% lumbar curve

I posted in January about our daughter Sarah, age 13. She was diagnosed in January w/ a 35% lumbar curve and since her Risser was 3 and she had gotten her period 8 months earlier, they decided to take a watch and wait approach and not brace her. We went back to Scottish Rite this past week and they did another xray and said there had been no progression, and she was at 33% and they would see her again in 6 months.

I wanted to give an update and thank you all for such incredible support and information, this site has been a wonderful source of comfort and help.

Thanks to you all,
    Cheryl T.

Cheryl T.
    That is wonderful news. I pray that you continue to get more good news on your daughters curve as the time goes on. Aren't the Scottish Rite great. My husband is a member of that organization. Between the Scottish Rite and Shriners, he keeps pretty darned busy. I am glad that his hard work (volunteer) is benefited by people on these forums.

Keep us posted on any updates about your daughter.

'til later,
    nikki

Comment

Great news Cheryl! Thanks for sharing. I hope your daughter is similar to my daughter... Kara was diagnosed on her 13th b-day with a lumbar curve (26 degrees). She began menses 3 months later. Her curve progressed to 39 degrees by age 15. Now, at age 18, her curve has stabilized and is actually improved to about 32 degrees (considering margin of error, always). Kara had developed an upper thoracic compensatory curve which measured about 26 degrees at its biggest point. Now, the compensatory curve is less than 10 degrees. She still has a significant rotation in the spine, but the measurements actually improved with time and growth. I hope your daughter continues to do well too!
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
      X