Well its a done deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well its a done deal

I will be haveing my Surgery on June 20th(Mon) its a 5-6 Hour surgery with only 4 days in the Hospitol. Its great beause i will be back playing 3rd Baseman at a new better level acoording to the doc. Thanks evryone
    97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Witty300;
    That is wonderful. I am so glad you got the same kind of response from your doctor as Crystal did hers. She was thrilled to know she would be ready to play her favorite sport in 9-10 months from surgery. Congrats to you and I am so excited for you. If you have other questions, just ask. There are lots of people on here that will respond to you.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by nikyergen
      Witty300;
      That is wonderful. I am so glad you got the same kind of response from your doctor as Crystal did hers. She was thrilled to know she would be ready to play her favorite sport in 9-10 months from surgery. Congrats to you and I am so excited for you. If you have other questions, just ask. There are lots of people on here that will respond to you.

'til later,
      Nikki

Thanks so much for your help. I am just happy about the Great news. Hey Did Crystal have to give Bllod beause they say i need it just in case?
      97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Comment

Hi witty300,

My daughter donated one unit of her own blood. She had anterior surgery which can involve more bleeding than posterior, and she did need the unit during surgery so I'm glad we took the precaution. Please don't worry too much about giving blood. It is not bad at all... just a little pinch and the needle burns for a minute. It is better for you to have your own blood because there's no chance you will have a bad reaction or catch a bug from the blood. I give all the time to the Red Cross, and it does hurt a tiny bit, but it's worth it. My daughter said the same thing after she donated... no big deal!

Hugs to you,
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~
        Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

My daughter's doctor wanted her to donate four units, but her iron count was too low two of the times so she only donated two units. It's good she did, because she had posterior only, but still needed both units while still in the O.R.

Mary Lou

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for the help

Comment

Working...
            X