Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery

Has anyone ever heard of there being a time when it is to late for surgery?

Becky

too late for surgery?

I used other forums relating to revision surgery. One person there, after hearing my story(breathing problems), told me not too wait too long as she had. She had breathing problems and she was treated with inhalers. By the time anyone considered her scoliosis her lungs were too damaged to withstand the anesthesia. She now needs oxygen 24/7.

Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Hi Becky...

I have come across a few people who had too much loss of pulmonary function and/or too much osteoporosis to be good surgical candidates.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X