Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I am haveing surgery on My upper Back for Kyphosis in Mid June 05. The doc Said i would be able to go swimming and what not by the end of the summer but not in the ocean. He also said that in about 5 or 6 months i should be able to go back to a Gym class. Is there any chance i can play baseball in Late March of 06? I hope the answer is yes but any help would be of thanks
    97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Witty300
    My daughter had back surgery on her kyphosis on March 15, 2005, fused from T2-L2. She plays high school basketball, she'll be a junior next year. Her doctor told her that she will be able to start practice with her team the beginning of November, 2005.

The one thing you need to really do is do everything the doctor tells you if you want to play ball next March.

Remember, though, each doctor has his own opinion on how soon you can go back to certain sports. It sounds like your doctor and Crystal's doctor feel about the same way to returning to your favorite sport.

Good luck to you on you surgery in June. Be sure to keep us posted on how you are doing, before and after.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by nikyergen
      Witty300
      My daughter had back surgery on her kyphosis on March 15, 2005, fused from T2-L2. She plays high school basketball, she'll be a junior next year. Her doctor told her that she will be able to start practice with her team the beginning of November, 2005.

The one thing you need to really do is do everything the doctor tells you if you want to play ball next March.

Remember, though, each doctor has his own opinion on how soon you can go back to certain sports. It sounds like your doctor and Crystal's doctor feel about the same way to returning to your favorite sport.

Good luck to you on you surgery in June. Be sure to keep us posted on how you are doing, before and after.

'til later,
      Nikki
      Thank you for your help.
      97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Comment

Working...
      X