Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Doctors

Anyone know of these doctors. Howard S. An in Chicago, IL
    Dale E. Rowe MD in Kalamazoo, MI or Michael Kasten in Kalamazoo, MI.

I believe Dr. Kasten did his fellowship at U of San Fransisco. Any info would be great. I appreciate it.

Becky

Dr. Dale Rowe

Dr. Dale Rowe was my scoliosis doctor when I had my brace and two herrington rod surgeries back when I was 11-15 years old. I am 35 now. I recently had an appointment with him and was diagnosed with flat back syndrome.

Back when I was diagnosed with scoliosis, my parents did research who the best scoliosis doctor was and it was Dr. Rowe in the town I lived. What other info do you need?
    Mindy

Comment

Dr. Rowe

Thanks Mindy for answering my questions. Did you like him? I was wandering if he still used the Harrington rods. I am 27 and am looking for a surgeon. Everyone says he is the best around because he has been doing it for so long. Any info on him would be great.

Thanks,
      Becky

Comment

Dr. Rowe - Kalamazoo, MI

Becky-
        I do like him. When I was in my early teens and going thru all of this (the brace and surgeries) he was great. My parents felt he did a great job even though it was a difficult decision for them to make. I originally saw him at the scoliosis clinic which was at Borgess hospital in Kalamazoo back in 1979, so yes he has been doing this for awhile. I didn't have any problems until after the birth of my first son 7 years ago. It might of been a coincidence ---I'm not sure.

I'm not sure about the herrington rod status. I've been reading some other postings and there sounds like there's more choices now then when he did my surgery.

I saw him in January 2005, as I stated previously, and was diagnosed with flat back syndrome. I was curious to see what he would be like from my prespective as an adult with my own children. I thought the staff was nice, they did Xrays right there on the premises and he reviewed them before talking with me. He looks and seems the same as I remember him. He explained things to me in laymans terms and asked me if there was any questions and then reexplained some things for me. He seems like he really cares about his patients even 25 years later.

It was very hard to get an appointment with him even though I was a past patient. It took about 5 months to get in. I hope you have better luck.
        I have another appointment next January to follow up. I'm wondering about getting a second opinion myself. But how do you find out if you have a Doctor that excels in this area???

Let me know what other questions you have.
        Mindy

Comment

Dr. Rowe

Mindy,

Would mind me emailing you with some other questions? I sent you my email address in a private message the other day. I think it might be easier than the forum. It would really help. My appointment is not until October with him.

Thanks,
          Becky

Comment

Working...
          X