Is it normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal?

Trenton had surgery March 17th, he bounced back really well, but in the last few days he's been complaining just a little bit. I think he is more achy. And not even enough to give him tylenol. Should I be worried or just figure he over did himself one day and needs to slow down?
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Sarah,
    Crystal had surgery March 15th. She went back to school yesterday. She really over did herself physically. Her back doesn't hurt, she's just really tired. She told me this morning that maybe she overdid herself yesterday. So, she's home today to recoup. Hopefully, that is all that Trenton has done, overdid for a day or two. At our house it is constantly busy. We are coming and going, or people are coming and going. So, I am having to kind of patrol things a little bit so Crystal does get some rest. A friend of her's came over last night to watch a movie with us. I think after her long day, the movie should of probably waited for another day.

Our kids will also have some up and down days.

Give Trenton a good quiet day, you may have to rearrange you schedule to do that. And, I understand that can be hard to do sometimes. If he aches, it won't hurt him to have some tylenol just to take the edge off. It may help him relax and rest a little bit.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

Sarah,

I think it's normal for them to have aches and pains and it's normal for us to worry about it!

Bill, who had surgery 11/3, had shoulder pain and low back pain at about three weeks post op. When we saw the doctor, he was not concerned at all. Said that it was due to muscles getting used to being used again. Bill never did PT, but the doctor did suggest that he just walk more and after he starting walking daily, no more pain. Also, before the appointment, the surgeon's assistant said basically to not worry unless Bill fell and then had the pains.

Hope this helps ease your mind.

Susan

Comment

Sarah,

I think when he acts like this, Tylenol wouldn't hurt. He's still in a major recovery mode, and he's doing well enough that it's EASY to over-do. Tylenol will help take that edge off and help him feel better, and relax better (this is my very humble opinion based on watching Braydon act the same way). Braydon is going to school full time and just needs an extra boost before school to help him relax and make it through the day. Tylenol helps. Good luck and try not to worry.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
        X