Great News !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great News !!!

After wearing my brace for 3 years straight. Last week on my birthday the doctor said i did not have to wear it anymore. Next time i go if my curve is still good i will be discharged from the office !!!!!I think this is a hope for all of you wearing your brace please belive me HAVE HOPE AND LIVESTRONG !!!!!!!@!

congradulations! that must feel great!!!! I can't wait for that day

Unfortunatley, I've had my brace for 9 years so far, and I have about 2 years ahead of me.
    > Diagnosed at age 4
    > Braced at age 5
    > 35 degree curve somewhere, sounds funny but yes, I forget where...
    > Avid horseback rider

Comment

how long have you had your brace?

oops... sorry I posted twice
      > Diagnosed at age 4
      > Braced at age 5
      > 35 degree curve somewhere, sounds funny but yes, I forget where...
      > Avid horseback rider

Comment

Blacksabbath,

What a great birthday present ! How old are you and what degree curvature do you have without the brace ?

Plopony,

That's a really long time ! I read on another thread that you have been wearing your brace since you were five years old ? Do you remember what degree curvature you had at the age of five ? What degree is it now ? I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your experiences about wearing a brace for so long ? My daughter, who is now 4 1/2 may be in a brace for many years to come (hopefully not )

Celia

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Working...
        X