Post op appt today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post op appt today

Trenton is 12 days post op and he saw his Dr. today. The Doctor was thrilled with how well he is doing! His limitations are no lifting over 10lbs and try to limit bending at the waist to help the fusion heal. The most exciting news is that his curve WAS 77 degrees and is NOW 15 degrees!!! Truly amazing!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, mine are with you all as well!
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Sarah
    That is just wonderful!!! Congrats to both you and Trenton!
    Jennifer

26 years old. Diagnosed with severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis and CMT at the age of 8. Have had a total of 6 surgeries, 4 on my spine and 2 on both of my feet. Including rod removal surgery. I am fused from T-2 to T-12.

Comment

Fantastic news! I'm thrilled to hear Trenton has done so well. And, amazing correction they were able to get! I bet he's excited to move on with things now. Tell him to be patient and to do what the doc says. There are REASONS he can't lift more than 10 pounds, and to not bend at the waist. He needs to still be very careful. He's got a great start tho! Thanks for the update.
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Terrific news!

Sarah I am so thrilled for you and especially for Trenton... such an awesome correction. I thought his back looked tremendously straighter... such a tall young man!

Dr. Song is terrific, isnt he? But just as important is Trenton's will and fighting spirit... he will go far!

Hugs to you both (maybe see you next week? We are at "club med" for outpatient on monday and tuesday....)

Heidi and Sean
        Heidi (mom to 3 boys, Sean is 9 and has LCDH, SBS, is TPN, O2, and Bipap dependent, has SVC stenosis/stent x4, severe malignant scoliosis fused twice from T1-L2, halo traction for 2 months, severe restrictive lung disease, a CVL and GT, Fundo x2, and is one of my heroes.)

Comment

Sarah,

Congrats to you and Trenton. I have been sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! I am so glad to hear that everything is working out!!!

Hugs and kisses.
          Susanna
          ~~~~~~
          Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

thats brilliant news... and whats even better is that his curve might even get better! mine did!
            ~AngIe~
            *ANGIE* 14-15 y/o
            had operation in september 2004
            a rod was put in:T10-L3
            My curve was 50* & is now 7*
            "All that glitters is not always gold & diamonds in the rough do not always shine"

Comment

Working...
            X