Trenton... 10 days post op!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenton... 10 days post op!

Wow, the past 2 weeks seemed endless, but we made it! Trenton had corrective surgery for his 77 degree curve on March 17th. The surgery went amazingly well, and he came home 5 days after. Each day gets easier and easier, with less pain meds and more activity. We have been actually having to tame him a bit because he wants to do everything. He's ready to return to school, but we'll wait a bit longer. We take daily "outings" to movies, the grocery store, visiting friends, etc... I hadnt imagined that he'd heal so very quickly. Almost all of his steri strips have fallen off, his scar has a story all of its own, but it is really looking good. Today we'll have his post op and see what his curve was corrected too, I am anxious for that! He grew 2 1/4 inches and is just one tall and handsome little boy! I am so very thankful for this surgery, for the Doctors expertise, and everyone of you whom gave me guidance and friendship throughout the way!

Here is Trenton on March 11th and then again yesterday! What a difference!
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Sarah,
    Crystal grew 2 1/4 inches too. She looks me in the eye now. Isn't it wonderful. Again, Trenton's back looks beautiful. I can't believe the difference.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

Working...
    X