Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read..

Hey Everyone,

I'm unfortunately not very strong in all the medical terms and I'm therefore very much in need of some assistance..

The doctors words:

"A revision surgery would entail doing a posterior instrumented fusion from approximately T3 or T4 down to the sacrum and pelvis."

"..it would also be necessary to shorten the right side of your spine from T8 to L4."

"If a single large osteotomy were performed, probably L1 would be the logical place to do it."

Now, I know where my sacrum and pelvis is. (clever girl )
    But I'm very unsure of the exact position of T3, T4, T8, L4 and L1 on the spine. And it is therefore my hope that some of you in here are able to help me with this!

The x-ray show my spine with my current instrumentation.

Thank you.

Benedicte

Hey Benedicte,

Here is a website that Linda posted earlier this week that shows the spine. http://www.sisonline.org/pages/spine.html Hope this helps you.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I had never seen that site. That is a great source of information. Wish I had had it when I was trying to figure out where exactly I was fused from :-) Thanks Linda.
      Jennifer

26 years old. Diagnosed with severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis and CMT at the age of 8. Have had a total of 6 surgeries, 4 on my spine and 2 on both of my feet. Including rod removal surgery. I am fused from T-2 to T-12.

Comment

Working...
      X