Im a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a new member

Hi my name is Shanon. Im currently attending UCLA majoring in psychology. I was first diagnosed with scoliosis at 13 but i didn't have surgery until i was 16 with a major curve of 70-80 degrees. My back condition at that time was so severe that my doctors had actually wanted to videotape my operation for educational purposes. I just found NSF today through searching on a search engine and i joined in hopes of helping those out there who are facing surgery and need support and advice. I am a survivor of this unforunate disorder and i am here today to prove that anyone can overcome it.

Hi MzShanon,

I'm Lura and my son Alex is having surgery on Monday 3/27. Alex is a Down syndrome little guy, twelve, and is being fused from T2-L4. You will be an asset to this site, I am sure!

Welcome!

Lura

Comment

Hi Shanon,

Glad to have you here. This is probably one of the best and most active sites out there. Another great one for you to join would be spinekids. Please share some details about your surgery, like who was your doctor, what type of surgery did you have, and what type of instrumentation?

Thanks!
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

hi shanon
        we'd love to hear your story. How are you doing now years after surgery? My daughter is 15 and just had surgery 4 months ago (wow, april 3rd it will be 5 months).
        Jennifer

susanna,
        how is it going?? It sounds like everything is going well. Is she up and around much??

Jenifer

Comment

Working...
        X