Trenton is in surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenton is in surgery...

I will update as I know more. Please keep the prayers coming.

Thanks, Sarah
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Sarah,

I have been in your position before, waiting while your child is in surgery (not for scoliosis surgery though). It's very nerve wrecking. Try to stay calm and know that everyone is sending prayers your way. I know that my son and daughter went and took a walk around the medical center while waiting for my surgery to end. They said it really helped past the time. My husband wouldn't leave the area. Praying that everything goes okay for you and your family.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Thinking of you, Sarah, Trenton and family. I hope the surgery is a complete success! We'll be anxious to hear updates.
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Sarah we are thinking of you! Laura
        30y/o
        Upper curve around 55
        Lower curve around 35

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I was in your shoes last week! I know what you're feeling, and I wish I could make the time pass more quickly for you.
          Susanna
          ~~~~~~
          Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Sarah
            I want you to know that we are with you. We are praying for you. You have our continuous prayers. Keep us posted.

Love and Prayers.

'til later,
            Nikki

Comment

sarah
              Thinking of you and your family.In my prayers hope all is going well.
              Theresa
              THERESA

Comment

Sarah,

The surgery is over as I am typing this. I've prayed for you and Trenton as have so many other people. I can't wait to hear the outcome. It seems the common feeling is that it's better to be on the other side of the surgery. I hope you are feeling some relief!

Alex's surgery is Tuesday the 29th, I guess that makes us next.

God Bless!

Lura

Comment

Trentons surgery went well

From what I have gathered... heard from Sarah late last night and he was in a regular room (no ICU!) yeah!!!! And wanting to stretch and move and sit up already. Way to go Trenton....

I am sure Sarah will post when she has time, we all know how busy these first days post op are.

Heidi
                  Heidi (mom to 3 boys, Sean is 9 and has LCDH, SBS, is TPN, O2, and Bipap dependent, has SVC stenosis/stent x4, severe malignant scoliosis fused twice from T1-L2, halo traction for 2 months, severe restrictive lung disease, a CVL and GT, Fundo x2, and is one of my heroes.)

Comment

So glad to hear that Trenton's doing so well! These kids are so strong.

Lorrie

Comment

Working...
                    X