PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick check in

Kara1992
02-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone. Itís Kara Iím been doing great. Iím still having a little bit of pain from last years incident with my back itís a lot better then it was. The college here started 6 weeks ago. Iím taking my American Sign Language class again. I couldnít go yesterday because I had a follow up with my GP. I was looking out at the bay from my house. Well I was coming down the steps the wind came up pretty strong I lost my balance and fell down and sprained my ankle really bad. I was taking to the ER by ambulance because my mom and dad couldnít get me up.

Pooka1
02-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone. Itís Kara Iím been doing great. Iím still having a little bit of pain from last years incident with my back itís a lot better then it was. The college here started 6 weeks ago. Iím taking my American Sign Language class again. I couldnít go yesterday because I had a follow up with my GP. I was looking out at the bay from my house. Well I was coming down the steps the wind came up pretty strong I lost my balance and fell down and sprained my ankle really bad. I was taking to the ER by ambulance because my mom and dad couldnít get me up.

Kara! Thanks for posting about your back but I am so sorry you fell again. Please stop falling!

I bet learning sign language is fun. I wish I knew it.

Kara1992
02-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Thanks Sharon the thing is I have had balance problems all my life. Which I canít really help Because it part of my disabilitiy.

Pooka1
02-21-2018, 06:27 PM
Thanks Sharon the thing is I have had balance problems all my life. Which I canít really help Because it part of my disabilitiy.

Oh well maybe you can learn how to fall. In horseback riding, I was taught how to fall first by putting my arms around my horse's neck, clasping my hands, and sliding off to the side and pushing away from the horse.

Maybe you can somehow learn to fall more relaxed or something.

Anyway, I hope you heal quickly.

Sharon

golfnut
02-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Hi, Kara,
I am sorry to read that you fell. I hope you heal quickly! I have taught some sign language to my students before I retired. I am teaching it now to an after school church group. It's a lot of fun.

Kara1992
02-21-2018, 10:19 PM
That so cool Karen. I designed to start learning sign language due to being hard of hearing.