PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Lenke, M.D. Miracle Worker

rjmacready
08-26-2017, 04:46 PM
DOS: 10 July 2017 Length of procedure: 13.5 hours Wake up time: 2.5 hours Showing his extraordinary level of commitment, Dr. Lenke stayed until I was sufficiently awake. Which meant he was with me from 7:15 AM until almost Midnight. The huge doses of Fentanyl and Ketamine used to assure my sedation made the wake up procedure a bit dicey as my heart stopped 5 times. The dissociate dose of Ketamine is something I would have difficulty describing, suffice to say it is something I would never want to experience again. Day 5 post op I experienced an episode of AFib, which set my recovery back a bit. Dr. Lenke assured me this is not uncommon in persons who have experienced extremely long periods of GA. The Allen Spine Hospital staff were exceptional. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to avail myself of Dr. Lenke's phenomenal surgical skills and also his extraordinary devotion to his patients. Chet

KathyInIowa
08-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi Chet. I have been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad to see you are posting. I hope your recovery goes well. We all know it is a long road, but every day is a new day.
Kathy

titaniumed
08-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Chet

You have got some hardware! and so straight! All I can say is Wow!

It is a tough recovery, but its worth it. I know its survival mode right now, but it does get better.

Hang in there

Ed

golfnut
08-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Chet,
I am so thankful that Dr. Lenke was my surgeon when he was in St. Louis. I am wishing you a smooth recovery. It takes patience, but so worth it! I am back to all of my presurgery activities, but with less pain and a straight back.

TXMom
10-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Hi Chet. I have been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad to see you are posting. I hope your recovery goes well. We all know it is a long road, but every day is a new day.
Kathy

Hi Chet,

I've been thinking about you for sometime now. I hope and pray for you and your recovery. I prayed very fervently for you both before and after your surgery, so I'm trusting that God has been with you through out all of this.

Hugs,
Sheryl :)