No announcement yet.

Central Line Placement: What to Expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Line Placement: What to Expect?

Hi everyone! I need to have a central line placed before surgery. This is new to me and I’m wondering what to expect. I would like to hear from anyone who has had this done. What does it feel like / Is it painful? Where is it placed? I have seen youtube videos, and it seems they can go into different areas. Do the knock you out for this? Thanks for any input!

-Ripley

Hi Ripley,
    I had it done the day before my surgery. Worst part for me was no coffee/food prior! Mine was placed upper right chest. They had me sedated enough to not care but I was not asleep. Just remember it's there and take it easy the rest of the day.
    Take care,
    Janice

Comment

Thank you!!

Hi Janice! I'm relieved to know it wasn't bad. I had no idea what a central line was. I hope you are feeling well! I PM'd you a while back, don't know if you saw it. I'm pretty settled in now with the idea of surgery. Five more weeks to go...
      Thanks for the info!
      Ripley

Comment

Hi Ripley,
        You're welcome. I did see your PM and thought I replied but I just checked and apparently I didn't. So, I just answered your questions via a PM.
        I am doing well. Had my 8 week post op 2 week ago. All is good. Given the green light to drive. Granted the furthest I go is to/from PT which is an easy drive from our house but am loving the sense of freedom!

Please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!
        Take care,
        Janice

Comment

Working...
        X