PDA

View Full Version : Bit of advice

burdle
03-01-2017, 06:08 AM
Where do I go from here... my last appointment with my scoliosis consult resulted in him ordering another MRI of my spine.

I mentioned that I had some exacerbated bladder and bowel problems with loads of 'pressure' down there... I also mentioned much more severe pain down both legs and dreadful pain in my tailbone ( this one makes me shriek when I go from sitting to standing).

the report from the MRI showed no-Cauda Equina and then listed a whole load of stuff about bulges, narrowing etc. at L5 particularly but no nerve compression It was read to me over the phone ( UK NHS trust issue) and will now be sent back to Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital whom I am under. I have my next apt with them in May to discuss.

Where do I go from here ? Obviously they were looking for CE and relief that it wasn't but what else could be causing this exacerbation of problems etc. I have a feeling that the apt will centre around no CE but not focus on what can be done?

Pooka1
03-01-2017, 07:22 AM
Hi Burdle,

I certainly hope the ruling out of CE does not take up more than a few seconds of your May appointment. They have to have a plan to solve this.

Ed just posted a talk by Boachie that lists many reasons for pain in adults. Maybe this will help with ideas of what to do next.

https://www.hss.edu/professional-conditions_adult-scoliosis-low-lumbar-degenerative-disease-spinal-stenosis.asp

burdle
03-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Hi Burdle,

I certainly hope the ruling out of CE does not take up more than a few seconds of your May appointment. They have to have a plan to solve this.

Ed just posted a talk by Boachie that lists many reasons for pain in adults. Maybe this will help with ideas of what to do next.

https://www.hss.edu/professional-conditions_adult-scoliosis-low-lumbar-degenerative-disease-spinal-stenosis.asp

Thanks Sharon - this link is very informative- makes me wonder even more why no-one is really doing much about me given the future I may face with curves such as mine.

Kay1974
03-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Am I reading Boachies article correct? It says for posterior fusion only, the pseudothrosis rate is 50%?

Pooka1
03-22-2017, 10:03 AM
What patient population is he talking about? That is not the correct figure for kids for example.