8month old 20% in thorasic 30% in lumbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8month old 20% in thorasic 30% in lumbar

I just found out my 8 mth old daughter has scoliosis. 20% in thorasic area and a 30% in her lumbar area.is that a double curve? and if anyone can let me know what to expect for the doctors and anything I sould ask them in treating her?
    hoping
    JoAnna

Hi Joanna,
    I am 13 years old and I was diagnosed at the age of 6. I believe your daughter has a double curve. I do as well only mine is more severe (much more) and I will be having surgery on April 26th to correct the curves. When you go to the orthopaedist they might take some x-rays and then (this is what happens when I go to mine) we talk about the x-rays. Your doctor will probably talk about your treatment options (right now I would say it would probably be a brace or just observing the curve to see what it will do). Make sure that you ask if the doctor is used to treating such young children. Ask about anything that you have any questions about, if you aren't clear about something he/she says, don't be shy to ask him/her to clarify it. They won't mind. I believe that www.iscoliosis.com has a question sheet where you can find some questions to ask the doctor. Good luck to you and your daughter!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Hi JoAnna...

It sounds like your daughter has Infantile Scoliosis, and has a double curve. Have the doctors mentioned whether it's congenital or idiopathic?

I suggest that you post in the PARENTS forum (tp://www.scoliosis.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100), where you'll find other parents in the same situation.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

thanks both of you for the info

Comment

Working...
        X