6 year appt report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 year appt report

hey everyone i totally forgot to post on how my 6 year followup went in February. we go to uc Davis a hour and 40 minutes early. I had to fill out paperwork fun not. Had my x-rays taken. The X-ray thing scared the living day lights out of me. After the X-rays I went back to the waiting room. My name was called. I had my vitals taken. I follow the nurse to a room. I waited for a while. A resident Dr came in. He said his name was Dr Taylor. He it up my x-rays. He examined me. He said everything looks good. He asks if I had any questions. I said no. He then said ok let me go get the boss. I though ok that was funny. Then he went to get Dr javidan. A few minutes my new Dr and his resident came in. He looked at my back and x-rays. He said everything looks good I go back in 4 to 6 years. when my dad droped me off after my appt my dad said to my mom that my new surgeon looks like i teenager. i was like dad if he was a teenager he wont be doing spine surgery.
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

That sounds like a good visit. I am glad you don't have to go back next year but can wait 4 to 6 years. Maybe on the next visit the surgeon will release you.

One of my daughters was fused in 2008 and the other in 2009. I don't think about their surgery dates any more. They have moved on.

Thanks for checking in with the group, Kara. You have been here a long time and I think newer people like hearing about patients in the years after surgery.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I am glad that all is well with you and your back. That is a very long time.

Melissa
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Kara,
        I'm glad you got a good report!
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

so im karen
          Kara
          Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
          Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
          T4-L2
          Before 50T
          After 20T

Comment

Working...
          X