PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years

Irina
03-07-2016, 11:51 PM
Today is my 3rd anniversary. At my 2nd year follow up, Dr. Hu said she didn't need to see me anymore, unless I felt something was wrong. So, since I didn't have to show up for check ups anymore, I sent my dear doctor flowers instead.

At a risk of sounding like a cliche, I want to say that this woman changed my life and I am forever grateful. I am pain free, tall and straight. Working out, swimming, doing zumba and wearing anything I want. I wear my scar with pride, like a badge of honor. A couple of days ago, approaching my anniversary, I wore a dress with a v-cut on back to the bra line, that showed off my scar. Call me weird, but it was a celebration of my strength and I wanted people to see my scar!

Wishing good luck to all of you, contemplating, waiting and recovering!

susancook
03-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Go Irina! Not weird at all.
Susan

titaniumed
03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on 3 years Irina! So glad that it all went well....

Ed

mabeckoff
03-10-2016, 01:12 AM
Glad that every thing worked so well for you

Marianne
03-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Congratulations Irena, 3 years and all is well, that is great!

PeggyS
03-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Congrats, Irina!!

golfnut
03-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Congratulations, Irina! I'm glad you're doing so well!

JenniferG
03-16-2016, 11:38 PM
Great news, Irina! Congratulations on this special milestone.

On this subject but not worth a new post, I just passed my 7 year anniversary and all's well. At almost 65, most of the time, I forget I've got rods T4 - Sacrum. Thank you Dr. Geoffrey Askin, forever grateful.

Irina
03-16-2016, 11:52 PM
Congratulations, Jennifer on your seven years and thank you everyone. I have a question to those of you who have grandkids. Are we allowed to lift babies? No grandkids in the picture yet, but my daughter is 25 and has a wonderful boyfriend... So I am wondering...

JenniferG
03-17-2016, 12:37 AM
At six months my surgeon told me not to lift over 10kg. At my one year appt. the only restrictions I was given was no running (to protect the unfused portion at the top of my spine,) no trampolining etc. I haven't seen my surgeon since that one year appt. and I did lift my grandchildren when they were little. Enjoy!